Here is a little info about them.Paletas (päh-leh-tähs) are premium frozen treats made with real fruit and cream, typically sold by street vendors with pushcarts. A refreshing favorite in many Hispanic countries, the paleta is shaped similar to frozen fruit bars, but that’s where the similarity ends.
Authentic paletas are made with:
All-natural ingredients
Authentic paletas, like Helados Mexico’s, are made with real, rich cream and milk and packed with fresh fruit. Whole fruit is prepared
and sliced by hand, then gently blended with the cream, the traditional way.
Traditional preparation
Authentic paletas are never air-whipped.
Whipping fills the cream with air to allow for mass production, sacrificing taste and texture. Our family company makes only authentic paletas, the traditional way.
I am also a huge fan of Bobby Flay and his show "Throwdown with Bobby Flay". He did an episode on paletas in Nashville (I think). I can see why they are so popular. Here is a pic along with the nutritional info. Although it is not low fat, I figure it is a better portion than having a bowl of ice cream. It so so creamy and satisfying. And, there are a ton of flavors.
2 comments:
I had one of those years ago. They are really good. So are the strawberry ones.
The Meadows brought those over to the Lambsons once--and yum! I know they were a hit with everyone. I think I was counting points that day so I didn't try one. Bummer!
Post a Comment