Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PTC Children's Museum

Hi, Ginger emailed this to me today. How fun this will be. A children's museum in PTC. Yeah!Below you will find> some info. about what this lady has planned, as well as a request> to not only spread the word, but a call for donations> (computers, art supplies, etc.), and volunteers. If> you're interested at all in helping her, please feel> free to contact her.> > --> Julie Powell > peachymom@bellsouth.net> > -------------- Hello ladies! Most of you know that I have been in the> process of > opening a children's museum for some time now. Well,> the time has > finally come! I have signed the lease on the old> scrapbooking store, > across from World Gym on Hwy 54 (right outside the> Peachtree City city > limits)! I hope to open in a month or two. Call me or stop> by if you > want to see the place! > > In the meantime, many of you have graciously offered your> help, and I > was wondering if any of you might have some items to> donate....or if you > would be interested in helping us decorate/paint/plant> flowers, etc. > > So far we have planned: a grocery store with check out,> shopping carts, > etc. - a stage with curtain and dress up clothes - an> interactive > computer game about shopping for nutritious foods - a> weaving exhibit - > a world exhibit to show kids photos and music from other> countries - a > construction zone where kids will build with huge legos and> pvc pipes > and connectors - a huge art room that will also be the> birthday party > room - a small international music section with instruments> from other > countries - a magnet room where the walls are magnetic and> we'll have > many activities there - and a toddler play room with> rocking chairs for > nursing moms. And of course, any additional ideas for> educational > exhibits would be most welcome! This place is pretty big,> so we have > plenty of open wall space to fill! > > Some items I'm hoping to find cheap or free are: phone> and answering > machine, computers (old ones are fine), printer, kids dress> up > costumes/clothes, and art supplies/paper. Please let me> know if you > have any of these items you would be willing to donate. > > I'm excited to bring this to Peachtree City! I think> it's something we > could have used years ago here! > > Let me know if you are interested in participating in any> way, > otherwise, we'll look forward to seeing you when we> open!!! Oh, and > please forward this to anyone else you think might be> interested, or to > anyone I forgot to put on this list! > > Take care, > > Melissa Kotch ng will this be. I can't wait for it to open.

No comments: