Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vote for us!

Hi Genius Georgia Gals,

Pardon me for self-indulging on this blog . . . but thanks to this great GGG blog, I learned about a recipe contest called Jif's Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest. My daughter Elisabeth and I entered it and she's been selected as one of 10 semi-finalists! It was

Elisabeth needs your vote so she can become one of the 5 semi-finalists where we'd get to go to New York City in March and compete for the grand prize of a $25,000 college scholarship, (redeemed when Elisabeth turns 18). No kidding!

Vote here for Elisabeth's Peanut Butter Kabob. You can vote once a day, and it ends Feb. 27th. You enter your email address, but you don't have to sign up for any mailing list, etc.

Jif notified us in December about being a finalist, and swore us to secrecy (I even had to sign an affidavit!) They sent a film crew to my kitchen and filmed us making the kabob and interviewed us.

And now we can finally share this exciting news with you all! Online voting starts today and ends next Friday, Feb. 27th, so vote for her Peanut Butter Kabob now!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's most darn cute, yummy looking creation! My kids will love it!! I just cast my vote for you! Thanks for sharing, and good luck- by far the best of all the finalists!

The Schaefer's said...

Congratulations and good luck!