I don't know about you, but this has been the bi-yearly question for almost 15 years now for our family. I was looking at one of my frequently visited sites (SugarDoodle) and came across some things that I wish I would have had about 6-10 years ago. They are conference packets. I found two of the them. One seems more appropriate for younger children (ages 6-8) and the other seems more appropriate for a little older (ages 8-12). These are really nice to have. You just print them out and...Voila, a lot fewer whines about sitting through conference.
Here they are:
Conference Packet 1 (ages 6-8)
Conference Packet 2 (ages 8-12)
We have also, for many years, played Conference Bingo (you'll see that the packets have an example of this, too). We play with Goldfish crackers, or M&M's. They can't eat any of the treats until they fill their whole card up. For younger kids, you could tell them to not eat any until they get one whole line. When they eat those treats, they start over again. It is definitely a way to get them to pay attention. Here are some other Bingo cards.
I'm planning on printing out both packets and having both my kids do them on Sunday. I hope these help your family, too. Have a great General Conference weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the great resources.
Post a Comment