Thursday, October 2, 2008

Keylime Cake

I had the most FABULOUS cake last Saturday. Harrison's band hosted a marching band competition. I was part of the hospitality group. We fed all the volunteers; and then, we also had a special dinner for the judges complete with dessert. The head of the hospitality committee made key lime cake for dessert. The judges left a few pieces and I got a taste. OH MY!!! It is so refreshing and rich. It has a really fun green color, too. Now, I have some cake to go with my Key Lime Pie Ice Cream I make :c).
I just got the recipe for the cake. It's from allrecipes.com.
Here it is:

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil, eggs and orange juice. Pour into three 8 inch cake pans. Bake according to instructions on box. Allow to cool, then frost.
To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Mix well

1 comment:

Johnson said...

You had me when I read the title of this blog. I will have to make this. Too bad Stan does not love lime like I do. Speaking of which...I went to WM today and bought the lime popcorn. I have not tried it yet. This cake looks sooo good.