I have been out of the blogosphere for a while, but here is a cool thing that Laura did for the Plauche Christmas Eve get-together. When we walked in, the adults were greeted with a festive holiday drink that had layers of red, green, and clear (thus no colored drinks for the spillin' chilluns). It was very cute and can be done with other colors for other holidays. The drink with the highest sugar content is the densest and goes on bottom and layered with the least dense on top (can be a diet drink). I think Laura's was cranberry juice, green G2 Gatorade, and Diet Sprite. The drinks should be poured slowly over ice to disperse them so they do not flow too quickly and mix with the other colors. You could have red, white, and blue on the Fourth. Any other tips, Laura? Anyway... it was very cute. I took pics b/c Laura wasn't even going to blog about it but I thought it Genius Georgia Gals worthy.



2 comments:
Laura,
Please don't keep your great things to yourself. I'm going to use this for every holiday and for a Science experiment. Love it.
My friend, Wendy, did this for her 4th of July party. I think she got it from the "Family Fun Magazine." These are simple, fun, and clever. I had to add a touch of food coloring to the green gatorade. I could not find a drink that was a good shade of green. They turned out really well. Just make sure there is a good amount of ice and pour slowly. It is fun with the 3 different flavors.
Post a Comment