Saturday, January 3, 2009

This Has To Be a Sin

Another post on Laura's festive treats......

On Christmas Eve I was introduced to a new and irresistable foe: the delicious Oreo Ball. Holy fatness. I curse them! So, I was told that you mix crushed Oreo with cream cheese and shape small balls. Then refrigerate them until firm so the ball will hold its shape when dipped in chocolate bark.

Laura, tell us the recipe in the comments or delete this and do another post. I am stealing all of your ideas here.... Where's that cooking blog of yours?

These were very, very bad. I mean good. But oh so bad.

3 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

yummy. I would love the recipe.

Johnson said...

Karen had never had these. She is pretty good about watching what she eats. She only wanted half of one and then another half and then another. She kept asking people to split them with her. I guess 10 halves are less fattening than 5 whole.

So, to make these take one package of oreos and 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese. Smash the oreos as much as possible. (the finer the better). Mix with the cream cheese. It is messy, but using your hands is the easiest, they get dirty when you roll them anyhow. Roll into 1" balls. (I don't refigerate them, they are solid enough). Dip and cover in melting chocolate and place on wax paper to set. You can enjoy these right away, however they are better the next day. Store in fridge. So, just 3 simple ingredients. These things are so so good.

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Glad you liked the recipe Laura. Wish I could take credit, but it's all kraftfoods.com