My life has been pretty hectic lately and we've had difficulties getting dinner on the table in a timely manner. We've found a couple of recipes that work GREAT and the kids really like. So, I thought I'd share them with you.
The first one is what we call "Hawaiian Meatballs." The link will take you to the recipe. The only modifications we make to cut time are to use the frozen bagged homestyle meatballs and microwave brown rice. We pair these with some steamed Oriental veggies and Voila...dinner!
The next recipe I got from Rachael Ray's TV show (back when I used to watch it). It's called "Heat 'n Eat: Five Dinners in One Day."It is 5 meals that you can make in one day. You store all of the meals in the fridge and just heat and eat for the rest of the week. We made 4 of the 5 recipes with slight modifications for taste and LOVED them. We thought we'd be tired of chicken by the end of the week, but the recipes were all so different, we weren't. Also, you could do this and freeze the different meals in gallon freezer bags to use for a later time.
The last recipe is also from Rachael Ray. It's Ravioli Lasagna. We simplify this one by just using jarred sauce and browned ground beef or turkey (which I try to keep already cooked, portioned out in ziploc bags, and frozen in the freezer). Harrison actually cooks this one a couple times a month to help out. The kids really like it and it's EASY! Just pair with a salad to complete the meal.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These sound good Jen! Thanks! I am going to check them out.
Post a Comment